Program Officer, Business and Finance
Rights CoLab is an open platform for facilitating collaborative efforts to advance human rights among more than a dozen experts from multiple countries with diverse perspectives in the fields of civil society, technology, business and finance. It was founded in 2018 and is successfully transitioning out of start-up mode to its next phase of development.
All positions at Rights CoLab are remotely based. The Program Officer is a part-time position, to be supervised by Rights CoLab’s Managing Partner, one of three Co-Founders. The position is accountable to all three Co-Founders.
- Supporting all fundraising efforts, including identifying, researching and tracking prospects; drafting or editing queries, concept notes and proposals; drafting or editing reports; coordinating and following up on donor communications.
- Managing grants, including tracking deadlines and deliverables, and managing affiliate and donor expectations. Supporting project work by Rights CoLab affiliates.
- Providing administrative support to Co-Founders, including execution of Co-Founder decisions. Supporting strategic coordination among Rights CoLab affiliates.
- Supporting external communication efforts, in coordination with the Social Media Manager.
- Developing and maintaining internal communication systems.
- Providing programmatic support for Business and Finance areas, including researching current ESG developments, initiatives on corporate governance and relevant updates on financial disclosure standards, among others.
- Managing and implementing projects, assuming responsibility for overseeing project scope, managing project teams, providing subject matter expertise, conducting research, and presenting at and facilitating meetings.
- Maintaining direct responsibility for procurement, contracting, invoicing, subscriptions; liaising with vendors; filling out, processing and organizing fiscal sponsor expenditure control forms, such as contract requests, requests for payment, expense reimbursement forms, tax documents, etc. Liaising with fiscal sponsor on finance and administration functions.
- Contributing to website development, including updating information on existing pages
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree; Graduate degree in a field related to Rights CoLab work is desirable;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; at least 3 years of experience supporting the fundraising function of a medium-sized U.S. non-profit organization is highly desirable;
- Self-starter, extremely detail-oriented and a great teammate, with a willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and maintain a high level of positive energy and drive;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project coordination skills;
- Exceptional communications skills: active listening, superlative writing skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills and cross-cultural literacy;
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, corporate responsibility and human rights;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task in the face of shifting deadlines and priorities among geographically dispersed colleagues;
- Strong database aptitude, including data entry and report development;
- Experience working with spreadsheets and budgets and a high degree of comfort with numbers;
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Self-motivating, flexible and open to feedback.
Start date: ASAP
Application process: Please send a Cover Letter and a Resume/CV in an e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Program Officer, Business and Finance.”
Rights CoLab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.