Business & Finance Program Officer
4 August 2022
Rights CoLab incubates innovative approaches to human rights. Founded in 2018, we are an experimental platform for expert-level collaboration across the fields of civil society, business, and finance. We develop and drive new approaches to advance human rights in the face of today’s urgent challenges.
We are looking for a Program Officer to play a key role in our business and finance work, supporting our efforts to leverage financial markets, improve corporate governance, and promote corporate respect for human rights. This position will collaborate with two of our Co-Founders to execute ongoing priority projects, including initiatives on integrating human rights in corporate disclosure standards and empowering “citizen shareholders” to impact corporate behavior.
- Manage and implement projects: Oversee project scope, coordinate project team, track project budgets, organize project meetings, present at meetings
- Drive communications: Develop program-related articles, reports, and supporting materials such as newsletters, blog posts, and social media content
- Contribute to new initiatives: Research best practices and new developments in ESG, responsible corporate governance, sustainability disclosure standards, and other key topics
- Support fundraising: Collaborate with Rights CoLab Co-Founders and the Director of Development to cultivate donors, develop funding proposals and budgets, and draft donor reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about business and human rights, brings an entrepreneurial spirit, and is excited to contribute to building and executing leading edge projects in the field of corporate accountability.
The position requires a high degree of initiative, independent judgement, and flexibility. Specifically, we welcome applicants with the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree in law, business, finance, or international affairs/public affairs is preferred
- Excellent time management, organizational, and project coordination skills
- Willingness to take ownership of responsibilities and maintain a high level of positive energy and drive
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, corporate responsibility and human rights
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; cross-cultural literacy; confident public speaker
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task in the face of shifting deadlines and priorities among geographically dispersed colleagues
- Experience convening events
- Experience collaborating with civil society and other actors in the Global South
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office suite; experience with Mailchimp or another newsletter program a plus
- Self-motivated, flexible, and open to feedback
Salary and Benefits:
- A friendly, flexible, and dedicated team who will support you in your role
- Full time, 100% remote position
- Salary range $75 – $80k
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, and paid time off.
Start date: September 2022
Application process: Please send a Cover Letter and a Resume/CV in an e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Program Officer, Business & Finance.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Rights CoLab, a fiscally-sponsored project of NEO Philanthropy, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.