Internship: Business, Finance, and Human Rights
Rights CoLab incubates innovative approaches to human rights. Founded in 2018, we are an experimental platform for expert-level collaboration across the fields of civil society, business, and finance. We develop and drive new approaches to advance human rights in the face of today’s urgent challenges.
Rights CoLab is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented student to assist in work on the Business and Finance projects. This opportunity may be right for you if you are passionate about sustainability and want to learn more on how to leverage financial markets, improve corporate governance, and promote corporate respect for human rights. The ideal candidate is expected to make substantive contributions to our projects. This position provides opportunities for professional growth and learning.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct research and analysis on topics related to the Business and Finance projects;
- Draft and edit texts for publication;
- Support the organization of meetings;
- Assist with social media outreach and website content;
- Perform administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program in law, business, finance, international affairs/public affairs, or related fields; recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Ideal candidates should have strong research, analytical, and writing skills, be detailed-oriented, well-organized, and responsive.
- Publication design skills and ability to create visualizations is desired.
- Preference will be given to graduate students.
Time commitment: The internship requires a part-time commitment, up to 18 hours per week. The internship starts between June/July 2023 and has an initial duration of 12 weeks.
Compensation: Those eligible to work in the US will be compensated at $21 per hour. Other applicants will be considered if they are eligible for academic credit.
Application process: Please submit your Resume/CV and a brief cover letter explaining your interest in this internship to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Internship, Business and Finance.”
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled.
All positions at Rights CoLab are remote. Rights CoLab core staff work primarily in the New York area; the location of the position is subject to negotiation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Our personnel are chosen on the basis of how well they meet the specified criteria, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.