16 June 2022
Rights CoLab incubates innovative approaches to human rights. Founded in 2018, we started as an experimental platform for organizing expert-level collaboration across civil society, business, and finance. Our purpose is to enable human rights innovators to try out new approaches that will help make our sector more resilient and ready to take on the urgent challenges of inequality, authoritarianism, and the climate crisis.
Rights CoLab seeks a highly organized Operations Coordinator who will be responsible for critical administrative work across all programs. A key member of our small, distributed team, the Operations Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and work with the co-founders, program officers, and director of development.
- With supervision from the Program Officer, maintain all systems for procurement, contracting, invoicing, and subscriptions
- Manage the corporate credit card, including monthly reconciliation reports
- Organize and process fiscal sponsor expenditure control forms, such as contract requests, disbursement requests, expense reimbursement forms, and tax documents
Communications and grants management support
- Support the Director of Development and Program Officer in tracking allocation and expenditure of grants
- Provide logistical support for Rights CoLab affiliate convenings and other virtual events
- Support Program Officers in website maintenance, including input of content on WordPress
Maintenance of internal systems and resources
- Support staff and consultants on use of key information and communications tools, including Google Workspace, Dropbox, Slack, Asana, WordPress, and Zoom
- Contribute to the design, development and improvement of organizational systems and processes
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree; a field related to Rights CoLab work is desirable
- At least one year of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience with financial management/bookkeeping
- Excellent English-language communication skills and cross-cultural literacy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task in the face of shifting deadlines and priorities among geographically dispersed colleagues
- Experience working with spreadsheets and budgets
- Familiarity with cloud-based productivity tools and demonstrated ability to use technology to improve remote collaboration
- Self-motivating, flexible and open to feedback
- U.S. work authorization required
Salary and benefits:
- A friendly, flexible, and dedicated team who will support you in your role
- Part-time (20 hours per week), 100% remote position
- Salary range $22,500 – $25,000
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance, as well as paid time off.
Start date: 1 September 2022
Deadline for application: 3 July 2022
Application process: Please send a Cover Letter and a Resume/CV in an e-mail submission to email@example.com with the subject heading “Operations Coordinator.”
Rights CoLab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.